Skills Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) is a new World Bank funded project that has been approved by Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) in November 2016 for a total cost of Rs. 2200 crore (US $ 318 million). The project falls under the Programme for Results (P4R) based category of World Bank that ensures outcome based funding. The project aims at creating awareness through industry clusters/ geographical chambers that would address the challenge of involvement of micro, small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs). The Project would also aim at integrating and enhancing delivery quality of ITIs. In order to ensure achievement of outcome these ITI would be competitively selected for up gradation under the scheme.
As Indian economy grows, there is an urgent need to produce skilled manpower of international standard to meet industry’s rising demand. It has also been observed that the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system is not geared up to cater to the current needs of the labor market. It is important to have the active involvement of industrial establishments in the management of training to address the gap between demand and supply of skilled manpower. With the objective of improving the relevance and efficiency of skills training provided through ITIs and apprenticeships, “Skills Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE)” Project, assisted by The World Bank is being implemented in all States.
To enhance the relevance and efficiency skill training offered through Industrial Training Institutes and Apprenticeship Training, for the creation of skilled manpower as per the requirements of Industrial Establishments.
A total of 400 Government and 100 Private ITIs as well as 100 Industry Clusters will be competitively selected under the project in the country. In Rajasthan State, 14 Government ITIs are approved to participate in the Project by State and Central Government.
· To produce high quality craftsmen from publicly funded ITIs.
· Increased State Capacities to Support ITIs and Apprenticeship Training.
· Improved Teaching and Learning (This will be implemented at Central level)
· Improved and Broadened Apprenticeship Training
· The Project is expected to cost approx Rs.944.00 Lakhs 100% fund will be provided by Central Government in Result Area-1.
· This project will positively enhance upgrading of facilities at Industrial Training Institutes in the State, upgrading of information technology based facilities, increase in employment opportunities through Apprenticeship Training.
This Project will be implemented by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India through State Government, Industrial Training Institutes, Centrally Funded Institute (CFI) and Industry Clusters (IC)